Castle Hill Country Club prides itself on having one of the best presented courses in the country. We ask our players to observe the following requirements to ensure that the course is cared for and that all players have an enjoyable round of golf.
Before leaving a bunker, a player should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints made by the player, and then leave the rake with the handle pointing parallel to the fairway being played .
- Always enter the bunker at the lowest point.
- Pull rake toward you as you exit the bunker. Rake backwards and forwards as you leave the bunker.
- If required, rake other affected areas.
- Do not pile sand at the edge of the bunker. Push back excess sand.
- Always start at the back of the mark and push forward with the repairer.
- Use repairer around all sides and slowly ease turf toward the centre of the mark. Do not lift the soil upwards.
- Lightly tap down with putter.
- Remove any loose turf from the affected area.
- Knock in all sides of the edge of the divot with your club or your shoe.
Damage to green
Players should ensure that, when putting down bags, or the flagstick, no damage is done to the putting green, and that neither they nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it in handling the flagstick or in removing the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced in the hole before the players leave the putting green.
- Don’t drop the flagstick on the putting surface as it will cause damage.
- Always lower the flagstick by club, or by hand.
- Avoid damage to surrounds by placing the stick in the centre of the cup.
Motorised Golf Car
Players using motorised golf carts must abide by the rules set down covering their use as follows:
- Carts must always be driven with due consideration for other players.
- Carts must not travel within twenty metres of the green or tees or between bunkers and greens under any circumstances.
- No more than two persons may ride in the cart at any one time.
- Children under the age of sixteen years are NOT permitted to drive carts.
- The utmost consideration must be given to the preservation of turf. KEEP OFF wet areas. KEEP OFF areas which have already been damaged by wear. KEEP OFF tees and areas subject to heavy traffic between greens and adjoining tees.
- Where paths are provided, carts must remain on the path.
- Golf carts are not to be driven across any BLUE lines
CART DRIVERS WHO DO NOT STRICTLY COMPLY WITH THE RULES WILL BE LIABLE TO HAVE PERMISSION TO USE CARTS REVOKED.
In a situation where grounds staff are working on a hole to be played, players must wait to be acknowledged and waived through by the greens staff.
GREENS STAFF TO HAVE RIGHT OF WAY AT ALL TIMES